Mentor and develop all building Industrial Engineers and Network Industrial Engineer. Ultimately responsible for implementation of best methods and standardized processes within and between facilities. Ensure process and procedures are established to sustain labor management accuracy and relevance. Provide engineering support for all strategic projects and continuous improvement projects as required.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Continually focus on supply chain and productivity / efficiency process improvements across distribution and logistics. Identify alternatives to challenges in operations and/or supply chain and make recommendation to resolve issues.
- Provide appropriate resources and project management to ensure the people are following best processes and methods and communicate and train new methods as necessary based on performance analyses. Coach and develop staff by providing ongoing performance feedback that identifies project team members' strengths and opportunities for improvement. Organize tasks and schedules, outline objectives, plan, delegate, resource and manage work assignments to meet project milestones and budget.
- Manage and report performance related to initiatives (e.g., costs vs. budget, status of ROIs, etc.). Develop RFPs and contracts to ensure scope and terms and conditions meet Industrial Engineering Department standards and business objectives. Create competitive bid documentation and perform proposal evaluations.
- Manage Labor Management Application to ensure standards are updated and evaluated as needed. Provide strategic direction to future Labor Management upgrades and capabilities to be deployed within Supply Chain. Create executive reports and presentations to provide insight and direction to Labor Management capabilities and future Supply Chain usage.
- Support LEAN program and Continuous Improvement initiatives throughout the Network. Evaluate new technologies/software; perform ROI and other economic analysis. Design / Implement changes to material handling systems.
Manager of People Responsibilities:
- Select, on-board, empower, and develop a highly effective team of individuals.
- Define a clear vision and strategy in order to communicate expectations.
- Demonstrate a flexible leadership style to foster team member engagement including recognition.
- Hold all team members accountable to drive results by being available, removing barriers and obstacles, facilitating change, and providing coaching/feedback related to performance.
- Incorporate your customer's perspective when defining success.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering
- 7 - 10 Years
- Experience in: LEAN principles & Continuous Improvement, Engineered Facility Design, AutoCAD
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft Office Additional - Project, SharePoint