Global IT Service Company
The Senior IT Manager is a strategic position in Japan Region and within the Global SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) organization. The Senior IT Manager is responsible for managing all infrastructure and infrastructure teams. This role will also partner closely with peers located in other regions, and participate in global infrastructure projects and initiatives.
A successful Senior IT Manager is someone who has excellent technical, managerial, and communication skills, and works well within local and global teams.
The Senior IT Manager is a key part of the SRE infrastructure teams and reports to the Senior Director of SRE - Systems Engineering.
- Manage the 24x7 Japan multi-site infrastructure
- Own the uptime, reliability, scalability, resiliency, recoverability and security of our core infrastructure platforms, and all compute, storage, networking, backup, patching, and other systems related activities
- Lead, mentor, and manage the infrastructure team
- Partners and collaborates with Global Infrastructure leaders on initiatives and strategic planning
- 7+ Years of Direct Hands-On Experience managing a technical production environment, preferably within a SaaS or Cloud service company
- 5+ Years of direct management of technical staff in a large-scale SaaS/Cloud Windows/Unix based environment
- Proficiency in major operating systems including Windows Server (2008, 2010, and 2016) and Linux (RedHat and CentOS)
- Working knowledge of networking, storage, backup, patching and databases (SQL/MySQL)
- Extensive Experience with enterprise computer, storage, and networking hardware (HPE, Dell, Cisco, Palo Alto, Hitachi, etc.)
- Extensive Knowledge of Public and Private Cloud Infrastructure and modern virtualization technologies (AWS, Azure, and VMware)
- Experience with industry-standard operation practices such as change management, incident management, and working in colocation data centers
- Windows Server 2008/12 8+ years hands on (very technical/troubleshooting/installations/configuration/automation)
- Powershell 8+ years
- VMWare 8+ years
- Storage (HPE 3PAR/Hitachi) 6+ year
- AWS 4+ years
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- SQL Server
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.