My client is an established EPC and a global leader in Civil Infrastructure projects, they have over 50 years' experience within the Asia Pacific region with their SEA HQ based in Singapore.
The business has gone from strength to strength over the last 20 years seeing a massive increase in project activity across the world with major project developments in; Singapore, Mozambique & Bangladesh being some of their more recent developments.
Due to projects in Mozambique moving in to the next phase, my client is now looking to hire a "Quantity Surveyor" to join the project team.
As Quantity Surveyor you will hold a Bachelor's degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent. You will have at least 5 years' experience working in a Quantity Surveying position, preferably within a Construction field.
As the role will be working on Nearshore/Marine Works specifically within Land Reclamation - it is important that you are able to demonstrate a proven background in project activities done specific to this field. You must also have a good knowledge of working with FIDIC form of contact.
The role will be working directly for my client in a permanent staff position, the base location for the role will be in Mozambique. Therefore, candidates wishing to apply for this position must be willing to be based overseas.
- Preparation of RFQ's
- Source for quotation for materials and service
- Analysis and evaluation of price comparison and costing summary
- Cost planning, estimation and measurement of quantities
- Responsible for claims, variation orders, budget & cost control
- Prepare settlement for final account
- Manage Contracts administration
- Handle issues including extension of time, terms and condition, loss and expenses claim etc
- Bachelor's Degree in quantity surveying or related field discipline
- Minimum 5 years' working experience
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Familiar with FIDIC form of contract
- Familiar with tendering, project cost control
- Preferably with working experience at remote location
Consultant: Philip Shepherd
Registration No : R1548541