My client is an established EPC and a global leader in Civil Infrastructure projects, they have over 50 years' experience within the Asia Pacific region with their SEA HQ based in Singapore.
The business has gone from strength to strength over the last 20 years seeing a massive increase in project activity across the world with major project developments in; Singapore, Mozambique & Bangladesh being some of their more recent developments.
Due to projects in Mozambique moving in to the next phase, my client is now looking to hire a "QS Manager" to join the project team.
As QS Manager you will hold a Bachelor's degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent. You will have at least 10 years' experience working in a Quantity Surveying position, preferably within a Construction field.
As the role will be working on Nearshore/Marine Works specifically within Land Reclamation - it is important that you are able to demonstrate a proven background in project activities done specific to this field. You must also have a good knowledge of working with FIDIC form of contact.
The role will be working directly for my client in a permanent staff position, the base location for the role will be in Mozambique. Therefore, candidates wishing to apply for this position must be willing to be based overseas.
- Manage project progress claims, subcontractors claims, EOTs and variation claims
- Collaborates with the subcontractor's and supplier's representative to deal with subcontract management issues as well as support in any negotiations and administration
- Oversees the negotiation of difficult and complex issues with the Clients and/or subcontractors and suppliers
- Manages direct reports work and supports completion of the subcontractor payments, engineer's estimates, variations and claims by providing guidance and review
- Oversees the review and/or preparation of the progress reports and in resolving risks and claims in the best interest of the company through contract related advice
- Bachelor Degree in Quantity Surveying or related field discipline
- Preferably Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- Min. 10 years of relevant experience in payment submissions and claims preferably related to marine / civil projects
- Familiar with FIDIC form of contract
- Preferably with working experience at remote locations
- Demonstrate good leadership qualities and people management capabilities
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent team building, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Must be very organized and have effective problem-solving skills
Consultant: Philip Shepherd
Registration No : R1548541