My client is an established EPC and a global leader in Civil Infrastructure projects, they have over 50 years' experience within the Asia Pacific region with their SEA HQ based in Singapore.
The business has gone from strength to strength over the last 20 years seeing a massive increase in project activity across the world with major project developments in; Singapore, Mozambique & Bangladesh being some of their more recent developments.
Due to projects in Mozambique moving in to the next phase, my client is now looking to hire a "QA/QC Engineer" to join the project team.
As QAQC Engineer you will hold a degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent. You will have at least 5 years' experience working in a QAQC Engineering position, preferably within a Construction field. As the role will be working on Nearshore/Marine Works specifically within Land Reclamation - it is important that you are able to demonstrate a proven background in project activities done specific to this field.
The role will be working directly for my client in a permanent staff position, the base location for the role will be in Mozambique. Therefore, candidates wishing to apply for this position must be willing to be based overseas.
- Monitor and schedule Quality Control activities & develop and determine all standards to perform inspection and tests on all procedures and oversee all testing methods and maintain high standards of quality for all processes.
- Review quality of all materials at site and ensure compliance to all project specifications and quality and collaborate with department for all material procurement and maintain quality of materials.
- Supervise effective implementation of all test and inspection schedule and ensure adherence to all procedures and coordinate with various teams to perform quality audits on processes.
- Perform incoming, outgoing and in-process material inspection according to specifications
- Ensure operations are compliant to ISO Standard
- Liaise and work closely with project manager and various representatives
- Take corrective actions to rectify non-conforming standards or defects
- Maintenance of project documentation
- Bachelor's Degree in civil engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in construction field
- Preferably with experience with construction project in the Nearshore Marine Works, Land Reclamation Works
- Preferably with working experience at remote location
Consultant: Philip Shepherd
Registration No : R1548541