A well-established Japanese MNC in the Manufacturing industry is looking for a Japanese speaking Finance Controller to join their team. This is a newly created role and it reports to a local CFO as well as supports the reporting to a Japanese management. The Finance Controller will also be responsible for the full spectrum of accounts of the business unit, keeping in close communication with local and Japanese counterparts and stakeholders.
- Responsible for the whole spectrum of financial and accounting activities. Ensure consistent applications of corporate financial policies and accounting practices and procedures, such as verifying the accuracy of the regional management reports and proper revenue recognition. Primary responsibility for timely completion of statutory audits.
- Together with the local CFO and Japanese management, formulate financial strategies and reporting line to support the growth of business operations in South East Asia.
- Work within a matrix reporting angle, supporting the local CFO with the management reports to the Japan office.
- Management reporting and consolidation for monthly/ quarterly / annual reports for reviews.
- Lead and direct the local & overseas finance team, travelling occasionally to region offices.
- Responsible for consolidation of the entities in SEA region.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A recognized & reputable Bachelor's Degree or similar qualifications in Accounting or a related field.
- Strong IFRS knowledge, well-versed in consolidation and management reporting preferred.
- You MUST be Japanese speaking with at least five years of experience in a team leading capacity as this role reports to a Japanese management and there is a need to communicate with local and Japanese counterparts and stakeholders.
- Big 4 with commercial experience in a Japanese work environment preferred.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Willing to travel occasionally
- Have a positive work attitude and able to manage projects independently & make decisions independently.
- A good team player who is also pro-active, confident, resourcefulness and able to work under tight deadlines.
Interested candidates may forward their CV in MS Word format to Kamini Nair (R1114955)