Provides leadership and direction through managers. Is accountable for the performance and results of a region or related job families. Executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy. Decisions are guided by segment/functional strategy and priorities. Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area.
- Directs an engineering group responsible for all issues across business unit product line, including the design, development and implementation of unusually complex engineering programs in accordance with project budgets and release schedules.
- Anticipates future needs and initiates the development and implementation of new approaches to engineering design and development at the business unit level with complex scope and customer impact.
- Develops long-range plans and creates general engineering or product specific strategies to reach goals and reviews engineering specifications.
- Interfaces with internal and external customers on engineering issues involving the unit's products
- Works with senior business group management team to ensure that such programs, strategies, and processes address high value problems for the Business Unit and are aligned with the organization's direction.
- Provides approval guidelines and leadership to reporting engineering managers in the area of long-term program, strategy, and process design.
- Defines performance metrics and reports on the engineering functions' progress against business unit specific goals.
- Demonstrates broad and comprehensive understanding of different systems, theories and practices
- Applies broad industry and commercial awareness to drive financial and operational performance across business unit, department or sub-functions
- Leads through subordinate managers of managers; executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy
- Directs the resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems applying advanced analytical thought and judgment
- Negotiates and influences the opinions of others at the senior executive level and in external organizations; exercises sensitivity to the audience
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 - 15 Years of Experience