Our client, a fast growing start-up company which operates on blockchain technology and harnesses collective cyber security intelligence to protect crypto assets against hackers, scams and fraud, is looking for a Cybersecurity Threat Researcher who can build the collective threat intelligence system as well as the decentralized Threat Reputation Database (TRDB) to fight against ever growing sophisticated threats. The Security Research Team will cooperate with crypto institutions, IT organizations and other security experts.
The role of the Cybersecurity Threat Researcher is to build the collective threat intelligence system in the Threat Reputation Database (TRDB). From designing the dataset to collecting and analyzing threat data, this role is responsible for keeping the TRDB most up-to-date and comprehensive, so it can be referred to and utilized by crypto exchanges, wallets, payment services as well as the community. Cybersecurity Threat Researcher will work closely with the Sentinel Protocol community to identify scams and malicious activities in addition to performing investigative work for a collection of threats.
- Investigation of potential scams/malicious activities in the blockchain world
- Validation of claims of scams/malicious activities submitted by the crypto community
- Identification and collection of malicious and/or phishing URLs
- Analysis on suspicious files in a sandbox environment
- Propose automation to DevOps team to identify malicious activities in D-Sandbox
- Provide documentation for customer requirements and research results
Qualifications for Success
- Good understanding of Malware Infection life cycle
- Knowledge in Security and Malware detection technologies and best practices
- Knowledge in identifying Indicator of Compromise (IOC) with relevant tools and techniques
- Three years or more direct or equivalent experiences in any two of the following areas:
- Enterprise Security
- Malware and Threat Research
- Familiarity with at least one of the following programming languages:
- Ability to express complex technical and non-technical concepts verbally, graphically, and in writing
- Self-starter with great personal initiative and able to work with cross-functional teams
- Experience in the blockchain space a plus
- BS/MS or equivalent in Computer Science or relevant field. Candidate without a relevant degree but with in-depth knowledge and understanding of Threat Research are welcome to apply
For more information on this role and to find out about other similar positions, please contact Sheryl Elnar at +65 6420 0572 or email at
Click the 'apply now' button if you think you may be suitable for the role.